Portraits


The Look (Esther at 80)
Watercolour, graphite and collage
11" x 15"

I love portraits, and have done many self-portraits and portraits of my family over the years, whether drawing or painting. With the death of my father in 1996, and the declining health of my mother, I sought to express some of my feelings through a series of family portraits in ink and watercolour. These drawings and paintings are done from life, from sketches and from family photographs.
Depuis des années je fait des portraits de mes proches et des auto-portraits. Lors du decès de mon père en 1996, et le déclin de la santé de ma mère, je me suis exprimée à travers une série de portraits de ma famille, en encre de chine et en aquarelle.

Trapped
Watercolour
14" x 18"



Esther at 5
Ink on watercolour paper
5" x 5"

Noni at 5 (self portrait)
Ink and watercolour
5" x 5"

No comments: